The primary function of this position is to drive the field-sales growth of Big Timber’s wide array of products within a specific, pre-designated territory. The Territory Sales Manager (TSM) focuses on leveraging best-in-class industry and product knowledge to champion the Company’s value-add within strategically aligned customer bases. Additionally, the TSM proactively engages with both new and potential customers to increase our industry footprint.
- Proactively and consistently engages with new, existing and potential customers to establish an effective front-line sales relationship
- Actively develops and drives strategic growth strategies to better manage relationships with customer accounts
- Utilizes in-depth product knowledge and industry/geography/market awareness to successfully represent the Big Timber products
- Develops assigned territory by utilizing strategic contacts & corresponding relationships while also targeting new opportunities
- Working in conjunction with the General Manager and Inside Sales Support Team, executes appropriate key account penetration and development strategies
- Provide quotes in a timely manner while selling customers on the Company’s value-add and service
- Keep the customer up-to-date on product and price information
- Develops and delivers sales and educational presentations in a professional and effective manner to our internal and external customers
- Record, analyze, report & forecast account information to identify sales strategies and objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in “hunter” sales
- Knowledge of the building products industry and markets preferred
- Ability to understand the key aspects of selling on value as opposed to price
- Demonstrated ability to work within the dynamic and evolving sales cycle as it relates to the building products industry
- Maintains a self-directed approach to the study of new products, literature, promotions and trade publications
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Territory travel (80%); overnight stays will be required to efficiently cover the assigned territory.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to pass drug test and background check
- Atlanta, GA
- Boise, ID
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Denver, CO
- Spokane, WA
- Territory Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- Building Materials or Construction: minimum of 5 years (Required)
- 80% (Required) – to effectively cover and grow sales in the territory, 4 days per week of calling on current customers and prospecting for new customers is required. Very few overnights are necessary.
- Company vehicle provided
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
Big Timber Construction Fasteners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature on the job application constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.